What is Medi-Kine?
- Medi-Kine is cytokine. The term “cytokine” is derived from a combination of two Greek words -“cyto” meaning cell and “kinos” meaning movement.
- Cytokines are small molecules (peptide) that involve in cell signalling that aid cell to cell communication in immune response and stimulate the movement of cell towards sites of inflammation, infection and trauma.
- They can be found in the conditioned medium where stem cells are cultured.
- Cytokines is “immunomodulating agents” that modulate or alter the immune system response. Cytokines are important regulators of both the innate and adaptive immune response.
Mode of Action of Cytokines
When Cytokines bind to cell receptors, they will . . .
- Alter the behavior of cells
- Produce more extracellular matrix
- Increase cell proliferation
- Immunoregulate immune system
- Wound healing
- Produce more cells to fight germs or regenerate tissue
Advantages of using Cytokines
- Mass production is possible through tailor-made cell lines under controlled laboratory conditions for more consistent product
- No safety issues
- More economical and more practical for clinical application since it avoids invasive cell collection procedure
- Off the shelf and is immediate available for treatment
The potential of topical and injectable growth factors and Cytokine for skin - rujevenation (PubMed). Fabi S, Sundaram H.
- Growth factors and Medi-Kine (referred to collectively hereafter as GFs) control cell growth, proliferation and differentiation via a network of inter and intracellular signalling pathways.
- There are striking parallels between the pathways involved in skin wound healing and those implicated in photoaging of the skin. In recent years, topical and injectable GFs have emerged as an intriguing therapeutic modality that can be harnessed for aesthetic and medical purposes.
- This article provides a review of available evidence for the role in skin regeneration of topical GFs and injectable GFs contained in autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
- An assessment is provided of the evidence gaps that exist currently between experimental observations regarding GFs and their proven clinical benefits. Data of evidence levels II and III support the use for skin rejuvenation of topical GFs derived from sources including secretions or lysate of human dermal fibroblasts and secretions of the snail Cryptomphalus aspersa. GFs with associated stem cell proteins secreted by human dermal fibroblasts under hypoxic stress can accelerate skin healing after laser resurfacing.
- The clinical applications of topical and injectable GFs are promising and remain to be fully defined.
- Better understanding of the mechanism of action GFs can potentially advance our general understanding of dermal signalling pathways and hence of hyaluronic acid and other alloplastic fillers and allow the development of protocols for synergistic combination of GFs with other skin rejuvenation modalities.
How Cytokines Work ?
Benefits of Medi-Kine
- New cells regeneration
- Collagen formation
- Improve skin texture
- Improve pigment and UV spot
- Reduce wrinkles and lines
- Reduce large pores
- Enhance radiant
- promote hair growth
Pre Treatment Preparation for Skin Treatment
- Fish oil and Vitamin E has blood thinning effect. This can potentially increase the chances of bruising. You are advised kindly to stop them and other supplements such as garlic, ginko, ginseng, etc. for 5 to 7 days before treatment day
- You are reminded to refrain from taking excessive alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment day.
- Please wear light or no makeup on the day of treatment.
Post Treatment Preparation for Skin Treatment
- After the treatment, we strongly advise regular use of hydrating and soothing products such as hydrating serum, moisturiser and mask twice a day.
- Please avoid direct and pro-longed sun exposure/ sun tanning for 1 to 2 weeks.
- We advise avoiding swimming, sauna, steam bath within 24 hours post treatment.
- Treatment involving energy-based devices such as laser, radio frequency (RF) is not encouraged for 1 to 2 months.
- You are encouraged to take Vitamin C or your usual supplements to enhance the result.